One of the best things we can do to achieve longevity is to consider how to improve kidney function naturally. Our kidneys are remarkable organs that play a vital role in overall health and well-being, and understanding how to improve kidney health as part of a holistic approach to wellness can significantly support our longevity and quality of life.
Distinguishing between kidney health and function is also essential. While kidney health encompasses the overall well-being of the organs, kidney function specifically refers to their ability to perform essential roles, such as waste filtration, fluid regulation, and hormone production. Impaired kidney function can manifest in various ways, including fatigue, decreased urine output, changes in urination patterns, fluid retention, high blood pressure, itching, and nausea. To maintain and enhance kidney health, adopting a balanced diet, staying hydrated, regular exercise, and avoiding toxins are important lifestyle factors. Incorporating eon Longevity +Plus into daily routines helps to support both kidney function and health, providing essential nutrients and compounds that promote the well-being of these vital organs.
Understanding The Role of Kidneys in Our Body
- Filtration and Waste Removal: The kidneys act as natural filters, removing waste products, excess water, and toxins from the blood. This process helps maintain electrolyte balance, regulate blood pressure, and prevent the buildup of harmful substances.
- Hormone Regulation: The kidneys produce hormones that contribute to the regulation of blood pressure, red blood cell production, and bone health. For instance, they produce erythropoietin, a hormone responsible for stimulating red blood cell production.
- Acid-Base Balance: Kidneys help maintain the pH balance in the body by regulating the levels of acids and bases, ensuring optimal functioning of various bodily systems.
Effects on Longevity: Why It’s Important to Understand How To Improve Kidney Function
- Detoxification and Waste Elimination: By efficiently filtering waste products, toxins, and excess fluids from the body, healthy kidneys help prevent the accumulation of harmful substances. This reduces the risk of kidney damage, cardiovascular diseases, and other complications, thus promoting longevity.
- Blood Pressure Regulation: Kidneys play a vital role in controlling blood pressure. When kidney function is compromised, blood pressure can rise, leading to hypertension, a significant risk factor for heart disease, stroke, and other health issues. Maintaining healthy kidneys helps regulate blood pressure and minimizes the risk of associated complications.
- Chronic Disease Prevention: Kidney health is closely linked to the prevention of chronic conditions. Diabetes and hypertension, both common causes of kidney disease, can be managed through healthy lifestyle practices, thereby reducing the risk of kidney damage. Maintaining optimal kidney function also lowers the likelihood of developing other chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases and metabolic disorders.
How to Improve Kidney Health and Function: What We Measure
One key marker used to evaluate kidney function is creatinine levels. Elevated creatinine levels (over 1.2 milligrams per deciliter for men and over .9 milligrams per deciliter for women) indicate inadequate waste filtration, signifying compromised kidney function. Another indicator of kidney function is albumin, a protein found in the blood that is normally filtered by the kidneys. Increased levels of microalbumin can be indicative of kidney dysfunction. The Microalbumin Creatinine Ratio (ACR) is a widely recognized screening tool for the early detection of kidney diseases, particularly in individuals with diabetes and hypertension. Elevated ACR levels, especially ACR levels over 300, often indicate kidney damage. The GFR, or glomerular filtration rate, is another important test to identify how well the kidneys are filtering blood, measured by how much blood passes through the glomeruli each minute. Anything that falls under a GFR of 60 is considered to be out of the normal range.
How to Improve Kidney Function Naturally: Lifestyle
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking an adequate amount of water helps flush out toxins, promotes proper kidney function, and prevents the formation of kidney stones. Aim for at least 8 cups (64 ounces) of water per day, adjusting based on your activity level, climate, and overall health.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: Opt for a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Limit the intake of processed foods, sodium, and saturated fats. Consider incorporating foods known to support kidney health, such as berries, leafy greens, fish, and olive oil.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight: Obesity and overweight conditions can strain the kidneys and increase the risk of kidney disease. By adopting a balanced diet and engaging in regular physical activity, you can achieve and maintain a healthy weight, reducing the burden on your kidneys.
- Exercise Regularly: Engaging in moderate-intensity exercises, such as walking, swimming, or cycling, not only helps maintain a healthy weight but also promotes cardiovascular health and improves overall blood circulation. This indirectly benefits kidney health by ensuring optimal oxygen and nutrient supply.
- Avoid Smoking and Excessive Alcohol Consumption: Smoking damages blood vessels and decreases kidney function, while excessive alcohol consumption can lead to kidney damage and increased blood pressure. Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol intake are essential steps to support kidney health.
- Manage Chronic Conditions: If you have diabetes, hypertension, or any other chronic condition, it is crucial to manage it effectively. Follow your healthcare provider's recommendations, take prescribed medications, monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure levels, and attend regular check-ups.
- Limit Medication Misuse: Overusing non-prescription pain relievers, such as NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), can harm the kidneys. Follow recommended dosages and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
How to Improve Kidney Function Naturally: eon Longevity +Plus
In the largest clinical study in the supplement space, participants consumed Longevity +Plus, a longevity supplement made from all-natural ingredients and enjoyed as an herbal beverage, for a period of 8 weeks. After this extensive study, researchers in Germany and Jordan with the help of the Medical Wellness Association found that the daily consumption of eon Longevity +Plus resulted in statistically significant reductions in creatinine levels among a subset of participants from their baselines, averaging 0.73 (± 0.12) mg/dL for men and 0.47 (± 0.09) mg/dL for women (well below the harmful 1.2 and .9 levels mentioned above). The clinical study also revealed significant reductions in microalbumin with the consumption of eon Longevity +Plus, indicating an improved filtration process, and showcased substantial reductions in ACR levels. Participants also reported that their bodies felt cleaner and more energized after just a few weeks of daily consumption. These findings suggest an improvement in kidney function facilitated by the unique formulation of eon Longevity +Plus, demonstrating the potential of eon Longevity +Plus to play a significant role in improving and maintaining kidney health.
Prioritizing kidney health and supporting kidney function are essential components of a longevity-focused lifestyle. By understanding the importance of kidneys in our overall well-being, adopting healthy habits, and managing chronic conditions effectively, we can ensure the long-term health of these vital organs. Remember, a proactive approach towards kidney health not only contributes to longevity but also enhances the quality of life by reducing the risk of complications and chronic diseases. Take care of your kidneys, and they will take care of you for years to come.